Michael E. Benzin
Mike Benzin Developments
Mike has more than 25 years experience in fundraising, event management, public relations and marketing for non-profit organizations – including the March of Dimes, the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra, the University at Buffalo, Sisters Hospital Foundation, Aspire of WNY, Big Brothers Big Sisters and Read to Succeed Buffalo.
Mike Benzin Developments was formed as a professional practice that focuses on working with organizations needing professional development and marketing services, but who don’t have the resources to employ an experienced professional for their team. And, while adept at building or re-building fundraising & outreach programs, Mike can also provide extra help to organizations for short and long-term projects or special campaigns. A natural coach and mentor, Mike’s experience and resources complement the skillsets of management teams and organizational leadership, including CEO’s, executive directors, development officers and board members.
Raised in Eden and a former resident of North Buffalo, Mike currently lives in East Aurora with his wife, Julie, and two children. He is a graduate of Canisius College.
Mike is a graduate of Leadership Buffalo and the FBI Buffalo Citizens Academy. He was a Business First “40 Under Forty” honoree, was twice honored as Outstanding Volunteer by the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, and was recognized as Outstanding Vice President by the NY State Jaycees.
- East Aurora Cooperative Market – current board member and treasurer
- Adoption STAR – current board member and vice president
- FBI Buffalo Citizens Academy Alumni Association – former board member & past president
- Association of Fundraising Professionals – current member, former board member & vice president
- A Taste of Buffalo – board member from 1989 to 2010, executive committee member from 1996 to 2010, event chair in 1999
- Buffalo Junior Chamber of Commerce – former member, board member & vice president